Join the community today
Become a Member

Domains Centminmod, Drupal, multiple domains, https://

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by Derek, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Derek

Derek Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Ratings:
    +21
    Local Time:
    5:00 PM
    I just installed 1.2.3.09beta01 last night, new VM, new cluster, blank slate.

I've got a bunch of really low traffic Wordpress sites, and I don't really like Wordpress, so I'm doing a single install of Drupal instead, with the intention of migrating/recreating the sites on Drupal.

So I'm looking to have Centminmod as the base operating system, one database, one document root (or whatever the nginx term is), and tell the Drupal install to handle all incoming connections appropriately. It might be important to add that cloudflare will be playing middleman for all of these connections, which might make letsencrypt stuff much easier.

Anyway, is there a best practices summary? I'm assuming I can set up centminmod using option 2 to configure my first web site with Letsencrypt, then just alter the nginx configuration and tell Drupal what's up.

Is there a better way?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,548
    Local Time:
    8:00 AM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    not that familiar with Drupal - it supports multi-site like Wordpress ? so one code base can handle and direct multiple domains ? If so then yeah you can do it that way

but if you want all domains to have letsencrypt ssl on the same vhost directory then you might want to do a non-HTTPS nginx vhost first on centmin.sh menu option 2 and then manually create lestencrypt ssl certificate using guide at Migrating Existing Nginx Vhost From HTTP to HTTP/2 based HTTPS With Letsencrypt SSL Certificates and manually adjust the 2 acme.sh commands to add the additional domain names to the letsencrypt ssl certificate in step 4 of that guide. All domains would need to have DNS A records pointing to Centmin Mod server IP before doing this for domain validation.

3. Derek

Derek Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Ratings:
    +21
    Local Time:
    5:00 PM
    Thanks, Eva.

I'll report back and let y'all know what I did and how it worked.