Join the community today
Become a Member

Centmin Mod server migration.

Discussion in 'System Administration' started by Renna, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Renna

Renna New Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Ratings:
    +0
    Local Time:
    8:43 AM
    Hello!
    I hope this is not the wrong section for this thread
    I've been using Cenmin Mod for a month on a OVH VPS located in CA.
    These are the load performances:
    [​IMG]
    (Test done with Sucuri Load Time Tester)
    I'm using CloudFlare as CDN, but for the kind of site I'm hosting, I cannot use caching, as tt wouldn't let a key plugin work properly.
    So, 2+ second for the First Byte is too much. Also the pages weight is 1Mb (The homepage), less than 384Kb (evey other page). I've optimized them, making many tests, to get better PageSpeed ratings, Pingdom rating etc.

So I think the problem is the server itself, as it's not even a Cloud VPS.
    As most of my traffic come from US, I would like to transfer my website on a Vultr High Compute VPS, which should be able to handle the load without any issue, and also provide a faster website.

I'm here to ask, how to migrate Centmin Mod to another server, or if I should, as I'm using WordPress, just migrate the WP Installation.

Also, if possible, I would like to have an opinion on Vultr, and if you think that my bad load time is due to the OVH's VPS.

Thanks

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +15,696
    Local Time:
    4:43 PM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    OVH VPS performance is mixed, there's so many iterations of their VPS products some on better hardware and some not, so hard to tell.

For moving site data there's 2 general guides where the principles & steps of backing up and moving data is the same just slightly different for
    1. Moving Centmin Mod site data to another Centmin Mod server
    2. Moving cPanel/WHM site data to Centmin Mod server
    Those guides move alot more than just the site(s) in question but config files etc. You can use your own best judgement as to the config files and whether you want to move them or just use the fresh server setup Centmin Mod config files as they get auto optimised for the server Centmin Mod initially installed on.

If your old site isn't centmin mod or cpanel/whm based, then those guides won't be 100% applicable. But the general overview of what needs moving and where everything is structured in Centmin Mod LEMP environment is worth reading up on.

Also official site configuration files page explains the Centmin Mod structure of where the important files are so you can decide on what to backup.

3. brijendrasial

brijendrasial Active Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Ratings:
    +147
    Local Time:
    12:13 PM
    10.0.22-MariaDB