Join the community today
Become a Member

Beginner Questions about Woocommerce

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by themanchev, Aug 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. themanchev

themanchev New Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    2:06 AM
    tl;dr: Can you tell me which tutorials to follow in order to set up fast woocommerce store with server-side cache?

Hello amazing people,

I want to first thank you for this amazing solution. Our woocommerce store has been at a shared hosting for quite some time, but after crashing last Black Friday under the huge load of people I decided it is time to move it to VPS (from DO).

After days of reading I've set up a server with RunCloud, but somehow I still wanted to learn and redo everything with CentMinMod as all the comments I read about it were perfect. Main reason to want to move is because RunCloud is 15$/month, while they cannot help me fix redix and fastcgi always returning bypass.

My question is: What are some good tutorials (I checked most in the site but got confused about which to follow) in order for me to set up wordpress with woocommerce and server cache? What are the steps I need to follow to exclude woocommerce pages from cache?

Thank you for your time!

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,101
    Local Time:
    10:06 AM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    welcome @themanchev to Centmin Mod Community. There's 6 steps to learning more about Centmin Mod so I suggest setting up test VPS with test site to learn the ropes first ;)

Unfortunately, I have no practical experience with woocommerce other than installing wordpress. You can check in both these sub forums below. But basic would be install wordpress via centmin.sh menu option 22 in Centmin Mod 123.09beta01 which will give you choice of caching so choose KeyCDN Cache Enabler caching which will automatically be setup to exclude caching for some known woocommerce pages/links etc.
    Might also be interested in reading up on latest LEMP stack comparison benchmarks tagged here.

You might want to try the 123.09beta01 build as it will be next stable release and well has alot of improvements if you check 2nd post change log at Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing. And you can share your initial install times here.

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Quick Tips

Threads & Info To Bookmark

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

Centmin Mod Insights Forum

The Centmin Mod Insights forums digs deeper into the inner workings of Centmin Mod so some useful threads in this forum include:

Security Related Developments

A few security related developments you might be interested reading about

Premium Membership

Centmin Mod Donations

You now can show your love and support for Centmin Mod via

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. themanchev

themanchev New Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    2:06 AM
    Hello eva2000,

I cannot believe that I just received such a detailed answer with everything included, this is better support than any other I have ever received. Thank you so much, I will have a look at all the links :)

I wish you all the best!

• Like Like x 1
  4. deltahf

deltahf Premium Member Premium Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Ratings:
    +200
    Local Time:
    8:06 PM
    Welcome to the Centminmod community! You've definitely found the right place. :)

I run a Woocommerce store on my WordPress/XenForo site with CometCache and it works very well.

Basically, CometCache generates a static HTML page which can be used for most public visitors. It does a good job of invalidating the cache when anything about the page changes, and dealing with logged-in users, etc. When I last did some load-testing, it made a significant difference in the amount of traffic it was able to handle (though I was testing WordPress post pages, not WooCommerce pages at the time).

• Like Like x 1