Want more timely Centmin Mod News Updates?
Become a Member

Sysadmin backup website database and files

Discussion in 'System Administration' started by dooma, Nov 15, 2016.

1. dooma

dooma Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Cairo
    Ratings:
    +27
    Local Time:
    9:04 PM
    Hello,

I want to backup my website database and files every 24 hours and give me a notification at my pushover that the backup was done successfully. How can you do that ?

Thanks

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,138
    Local Time:
    5:04 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    You'd have to write or fine your own backup scripts. For mysql database backup, Centmin Mod Premium members have dbbackup.sh which natively supports pushover notifications too MariaDB - dbbackup.sh - quick mysql database backups for Centmin Mod stack | Centmin Mod Community

key features of dbbackup.sh
    • MySQL database and schema only backups + /etc/my.cnf backup
    • Multi-threaded parallel compression default pigz with options for lbzip2, pbzip2 and pxz. For single cpu core servers, falls back from pigz to gzip.
    • Amazon S3 Storage support and option to define one of three S3 storage classes (Standard, Standard – IA, and Glacier) to control your Amazon S3 storage costs and Amazon S3 availability and durability. Disabled by default.
    • Amazon S3 Upload Dry Run Mode support. Disabled by default.
    • Remote FTP/SFTP support - can define up to 3 separate FTP/SFTP locations to remotely transfer your backups for added redundancy and data safeguard.Disabled by default.
    • Backup Retention threshold set in days. Older than XX days deletion routine for both local backups and remote FTP/SFTP backups. Amazon S3 you can setup your own S3 bucket's lifecycle management in AWS Console. Example for retention threshold based deletion shown here.
    • Email and Pushover.net mobile notification options on backup runs. Disabled by default.
    • Persistent db-config.ini separate file option so custom settings survive dbbackup.sh script updates.
    • Full backup run logging to log file for diagnostic troubleshooting or historic records
    Later on it will be extended to include file backups in a script called cmbackup.sh :)

Other members can share what they use.

Nice thread discussion at Centminmod based server and Backupsy, What is the most ideal way to backup? | Centmin Mod Community too of using rsnapshot for pull based remote file backups.

Nice guide at Rsnapshot (Rsync Based) - A Local/Remote File System Backup Utility for Linux Just remember if you have CSF Firewall on either source and/or backup servers, to whitelist IP addresses. Still good read of how rsnapshot works at rsnapshot HOWTO

3. dooma

dooma Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Cairo
    Ratings:
    +27
    Local Time:
    9:04 PM
    the database backup tool is one time payment or it will be over once my premium membership ended ?!

4. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,138
    Local Time:
    5:04 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    One time payment and you can use whatever is latest dbbackup.sh version you have access to when a active premium membership. The dbbackup.sh script will be continually updated, so you'd what to maintain access to the private premium member forum for questions and assistance with dbbackup.sh and access other evolving premium member benefits over time.