Want more timely Centmin Mod News Updates?
Become a Member

Sysadmin Apache Mod

Discussion in 'System Administration' started by Atrix, Oct 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Atrix

Atrix New Member

Oct 7, 2018
    Ratings:
    +4
    Local Time:
    11:40 AM
    MariaDB 10.1.36
    I'm looking and there is a thread for an apache module but I'm not sure how finished it is? I don't see the addon listed in my beta version of centminmod is why I ask.

I'm currently using oneinstack to make an apache server, and it's definitely a requirement to use apache for this website, as it uses a cgi-bin perl module that depends on certain apache modules and it's so legacy I don't want to risk breaking it with trying to duplicate what it does on nginx.

Oneinstack seems to work but I really like centminmod and wondering if there's a way to get apache up and running pretty easily, and in a sustainable way that'd live through updates. Bonus points if it could support multiple versions of php on the same server, if not I'd just use multiple droplets.

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,304
    Local Time:
    3:40 AM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    you what I discussed at Beta Branch - custom Apache 2.4 RPMs for Centmin Mod LEMP stack ? that is in private development path right now so nothing is publicly available.

You mean in concurrent operating so Apache and Nginx or just Apache alone without Nginx ? Apache can be installed via yum packages just it will be older version of Apache in official Yum repo, those you can use 3rd party yum repo for newer Apache versions - just you'd need to configure Apache and Nginx to work together and for Apache to be configured for Nginx vhost web root paths and use Centmin Mod's PHP-FPM install. But that would be something you'd need to do yourself right now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Atrix

Atrix New Member

Oct 7, 2018
    Ratings:
    +4
    Local Time:
    11:40 AM
    MariaDB 10.1.36
    Thanks for the helpful info :)