Want more timely Centmin Mod News Updates?
Become a Member

Nginx PageSpeed A small problem

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by anthony parsons, Jul 30, 2018.

1. anthony parsons

anthony parsons Premium Member Premium Member

Feb 12, 2017
    Ratings:
    +22
    Local Time:
    8:31 PM
    Current yum stable
    With XenForo 2, using Lazy Load [img] for lazy loading images, the issue is that for all but chrome, it tends to be quite buggy. Images are very hit or miss as to whether they appear. Disable it, image loading is no issue.

The issue without it is page load time. 2 seconds vs 10+ seconds.

Now I found pagespeed increased page load around 300ms, which is better than having pages with a load time of 10+ seconds due to images, even though those images are cached with cloudflare and load pretty snappy... I figure an issue around the buggy lazy load add-on is to use pagespeed lazy load, which tends to work more accurately from my experience.

I don't know the full ins and outs of centminmod though. So... if I install and enable pagespeed, what can I disable to the bare bones requirements that pagespeed need to be installed, so I just pretty much just use it for lazy loading images?

If it has to run a specific compression filter in order to function, can I turn that down so it basically is off (ie 1)?

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,288
    Local Time:
    7:31 PM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    you mean ngx_pagespeed's own lazy loading ? that itself is also a hit or miss for me and other ngx_pagespeed users so majority of time lazy loading doesn't happen using ngx_pagespeed's own lazy loading

oh and if using cloudflare, disable rocketloader or xenforo lazyload addon has issues - at least it does for XF 1.5

3. anthony parsons

anthony parsons Premium Member Premium Member

Feb 12, 2017
    Ratings:
    +22
    Local Time:
    8:31 PM
    Current yum stable
    Yer, I don't use that by default... usually causes more issues than anything from my experience.